Monday, February 11, 2008

Grace for your spirit Feb 11, 2008

Grace for your spirit
A certain man was giving a big dinner, and he invited many; but they all alike began to make excuses. Lk 14:16+18

It this parable Jesus shows how people present excuses that will cause them to miss the marriage supper in heaven. For them it was oxen to try, land to see, and a wife to please. As disciples of Christ, we are to be inviting souls to worship, obey Christ, and be in their seat at the Lord’s marriage supper some day. We may expect excuses and need to be ready to try harder. Our modern day parable excuses might be; "I have to work overtime because I need the money, and then I’m sleepy. Or, it’s the only day I have to shop. Or, there’s sports on TV. I can’t come." When that happens, do what Jesus did. Don’t water down the cost of discipleship. Continue to appeal for them to sacrifice.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: