Friday, April 18, 2008

Grace for your spirit April 18, 2008

Grace for your spirit
There was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. II Cor 12:7-9

The Apostle Paul had great revelations from the Lord. He had an exciting mission for God, however his situation was far from perfect. He didn’t have everything he wanted, and he certainly didn’t get rid of everything he did not want. He asked God to straighten it out, but God had something better for him. God gave His grace to perfect his weaknesses. Paul found that God’s grace was enough for him. He even boasted about his weaknesses because of what God did for him. Is that working for us? When we don’t get everything we want, let God make it perfect for us too

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: