Friday, July 11, 2008

Grace for your spirit July 11, 2008

Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." Jn 8:58

As Jesus debated the religious leaders of the day, the tried to pull rank on Him with their connection to Moses, Abraham, and God. Jesus announced to them that he was before Abraham, and in fact the I AM in the flesh. The I AM is the name for Jehovah God in the Old Testament, but here Jesus announces that He is the I AM of the New Covenant. Jesus told the people He was the eternal one to provide when He said, I AM the bread of life, I AM the light of the world, I AM the door of the sheepfold, I AM the good shepherd, I AM the way, truth, the life, and I AM the vine for the branches. When we come to Jesus, welcome to the eternal God in the flesh.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: