Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grace for your spirit September 24, 2008

But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:6-8

Does out spiritual life resemble the surf of the sea? The tide is out and the waves come crashing in. We’re not getting our prayers answered and we aren’t happy. When we pray, "Lord, give me more purity and holiness in my life, but not today. You see, today is Friday and I’ve got a big weekend planned, but if you get me on track Monday, that would be good." "Lord, help me to be faithful in my attendance at church, starting this fall. You see, I've got a fun summer planned." That double minded faith will leave us tossed. Try this pray instead. "Lord, strengthen my faith. change my life, according to Your will, starting right now."

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: