Monday, December 22, 2008

Grace for your spirit December 22, 2008

Then the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" He said, "I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself." And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?" Gen 3:9-11

Did the God of Infinite Power, Presence, and Knowledge really need this information from Adam and Eve? Didn’t He already know where they were, how they knew they were naked, and that they had eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Yes, Yes, and Yes. Why did He ask? God wanted them to answer the questions themselves. Did they know they had sinned? Did they know why they were hiding? Did they know they were in trouble? Do we? When God asks us a question, He wants us to look inside ourselves and get better. They didn’t. Will we?

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: