Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Grace for your spirit January 7, 2008

And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling, I Cor 2:1-3

If we were called for an extended journey into the mission field, what would we take with us? Would we take all our personal speaking skills, our wisdom, our knowledge and our confidence? The apostle Paul had all those things, but he left them behind. He packed his weakness, his fear, his trembling, and the knowledge of Jesus Christ and Him crucified. As it turned out, that’s all he needed to turn the world upside down. They didn’t care much for him, but they loved Jesus. What have we packed for our mission?

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23

No comments: