Friday, October 16, 2009

Grace for your spirit October 16, 2009

Grace for your spirit

And it came about, when God caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said to her, 'This is the kindness which you will show to me: everywhere we go, say of me, "He is my brother. Genesis 20:13

Abraham is called the “Father of the faithful.” After he accepted the righteousness of God, his faith grew each day, but it had it weak points at the beginning. As they traveled from Ur to Canaan, Abraham and Sarah made an agreement to protect each other by lying about their marital relationship. Instead of totally trusting in the Lord for protection, they devised a plan of their own. This compromise of their integrity would come back to haunt them when they met people who lived upright in the world. Soon Abraham and Sarah learned that the Lord would provide, and they didn’t need a devious plan of their own. Have we reached that place yet, or do we have a ungodly plan to mix with God’s? Let’s live with integrity. The Lord will provide.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit

Philippians 4:23


No comments: