Monday, January 18, 2010

Grace for your spirit January 18, 2010

Grace for your spirit
And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come. Psalm 71:18
There was a song we used to sing when we were young about old people. "The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be....."For those of us who are getting old and gray, sometimes we are tempted to quit and lay down. The other day I picked up one of my Bibles, and inside the front cover, I had written Ps 71:18 There was no other notation, and I didn't know why it was there. Perhaps I was a little worn down the day I wrote it, I perhaps I needed it today more than ever. Let's ask God to renew our spirit each day and give us strength to share our wisdom with this generation. If God is going to take us home, He will. In the meantime, instead of praying for a retirement date, let's pray for strength to do something for Him, and for this generation.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: