Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grace for your spirit April 21, 2010

Grace for your spirit
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Many of the letters in the New Testament deal directly with our personal behavior. It is not enough to be a Christian on Sunday in worship service. God wants us to take the behavior home with us and with us when we go to work. When I first starting walking in the path of Jesus, I had a specific problem with a tyrant boss. I was tempted to be in rebellion against his authority, and not do my best for him. I found it necessary to post this verse in my briefcase so I could read it the first thing each day. We may feel like a slaves today, with the temptation to rebel. When we do, let's put these verses before us, to help us remember that our real boss is the Lord. He'll give us grace to do right.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: