Friday, August 6, 2010

Grace for your spirit August 6, 2010

Grace for your spirit
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

When we are stumbling along in the dark, a nice light really helps. When I ask for a light to keep from stumbling, I need it at my feet, not in my face. If I have a spotlight in my face, it is worse than being in the dark. People stumbling along in spiritual darkness need help too. Often, we first want to find out why they are in the dark. With a spotlight in their face, we question them to find our their problem. At that point, a light on the feet and on the path is the real help. Later in the light of Jesus, we can find out why they have been in darkness and how to get into the true light. Give the light that helps, not the light that blinds.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: