Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Grace for your spirit December 21, 2010

Grace for your spirit
No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. l have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father. John 10:18

In this passage Jesus is comparing Himself to a shepherd. A shepherd leads, feeds, and protects their flocks. They will lay down their own lives to defend the fold. Jesus is the good shepherd of His flock. Jesus did exactly that when He willingly went to the cross and died for all our sins. He then rose from the dead, as He promised. Most people think Jesus was killed on the cross by the Romans. That is not true. Jesus chose to sacrifice His life willingly on a cross. He chose, He gave up His spirit, and He arose from the grave. That makes Him our eternal good shepherd.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: