Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grace for your spirit December 21, 2011

Grace for your spirit
I am weary with my sighing; Every night I make my bed swim, I dissolve my couch with my tears, my eye has wasted away with grief; It has become old because of all my adversaries. Psalm 6:6-7

David is describing his miserable life to us all. He was King of Israel with all the material blessing anyone could ask for, but his sins would not let him rejoice or rest. He was drowning in his tears day and night. In another Psalm, he revealed that his vitality was drained away like the fever heat of summer. He could buy a great bed and and couch, but he couldn't buy a good nights sleep. When David found a way to repent before God and man, his life was refreshed, and renewed. We may think we are better off when we keep our sins to ourselves, but may we let the wisdom of God's Word lead us in the right path. The path of repentance, confession, and refreshment in the presence of the Lord, and others

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: