Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grace for your spirit January 26, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Apart from such external things, there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches. Who is week without my being weak? Who is led into sin without my intense concern? II Corinthians 11:28-29

Are we looking for the qualities of a great shepherd overseers in our churches? I Timothy 3, and Titus 1 gives us the qualifications of a great leader, but here I see the true heart of a pastor. Paul has just listed about twenty horrible things he has endured on his mission. These difficulties would discourage the average man, but not him. He still had strength for the pressure in the churches. He felt the weakness of each and every member, and anyone led into sin was of intense concern to him. That is the kind of shepherd I want. Not just one that meets the qualification on paper, but one who won't quit on me. When we find someone like that, let's honor them and make them our spiritual mentors. Come on men. We all need you to rise up and lead.
--
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit
Philippians 4:23
graceforyourspirit.blogspot.com

No comments: