Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grace for your spirit. April 16, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to Thee? I lay my hand over my mouth. Job 40:4

Job had suffered more than anyone should. He had lost everything without any explanation. He had heard from his wife, he had heard from his friends, but he had not heard anything from God. Near the end of the book, he starts to tell God "a thing or two" to see if he can't get things straightened out. It was then that God answered him and puts him in his place. Ever heard the expression, "open mouth, insert foot"? Job learned it and lived it that day. Often when times get tough, we might think we need to straighten God out too. It is then we need to humble ourselves before the mighty hand of God. Next we will probably need to put our hand over our mouth before the foot goes in. Let's be patient, and as Job learned, the blessings we need will eventually be ours to enjoy.

No comments: