Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grace for your spirit. May 7, 2012

Grace for your spirit
Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach trangressors Your ways, and sinners will be converted to You. Psalm 51:10-13

When we have completely "lost it", and have desire to get back doing the Lord's will, this Psalm of David may be just our prayer The guilt of King David's actions were eating him up, and he need to repent, reconnect with God, and get back to his callling of being King of Israel. Note the keys words, Create, renew, keep, restore, and sustain. When he accomplished this transformation, God was able to restore him to the king and teacher of Israel. What will it take for us? No matter what we might have done, we need some combination of reconnecting, so we will be able to teach others. We will have the Lord's blessing when we turn to Jesus and let Him reconnect us to God. Let's do it quickly. There are so many who need to be taught.

No comments: