Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grace for your spirit June 6, 2013

Grace for your spirit
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  My help comes from the Lord. Psalm 120:1-2

There's an old gospel hymn that goes, "Oh then to the rock let me fly. To the rock that is higher than I."  It seems that God has always positioned His help, "Up High."  Jerusalem was on a high mountain.  His temple was up there on a mountain, Heaven is pictured above the blue heavens, and Jesus came down to us.  I want my help to be above the pollution of this world, and as solid as a rock.  The Old Testament Hebrews traveled to Jerusalem three times a year to visit the Rock.  When we find ourselves stuck in the valleys of sin, let's sing our songs about our Rock, Jesus Christ, as we reach up to Him.

No comments: