Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Grace for your spirit July 18, 2013

Grace for your spirit
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthen me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service; even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor.  And yet I was shown mercy, because I acted ignorantly in unbelief.  ITimothy 1:12-13

This is part of the testimony of the apostle Paul, when he was formerly Saul.  It was his testimony about how grace and the Holy Spirit works on even 'the chief of sinners." Is His grace sufficient to change the repentant heart ? The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, but would you believe that lots of it was written by murderers?  Yes there were at least four.  Moses wrote the first five books.  David more than half the Psalms.  Solomon is credited for most of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon. This Paul wrote more than half the New Testament. Can God's grace equip us for service and ministry?  Yes, yes He can

No comments: