Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Grace for your spirit July 24, 2013

Grace for your spirit
Blessed be the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort
those who are in any affiction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God   II Corinthians 1:3b-4

When someone tells us of any disease or ailment they have, what is our response to them?  Is it, "Oh, that's horrible, I had that and almost died?'  Or, "My cousin had that and she died overnight?"  Or, "I feel sorry for you, I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.  You're in trouble?" Or any other of many horrible bedside manner bloopers. If that is our talent, I suggest we bury it..  As Christians, we need to have a message of hope and healing to share with the afflicted. Whatever we've experienced, let's remember God's goodness and share that with the afflicted.  I've heard it both ways. Grace is better.

No comments: