Sunday, August 11, 2013

Grace for your spirit August 12, 2013

Grace for your spirit
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?  I Corinthians 6:19

The Christian walk is about surrender to Jesus in all things.  We sing songs like, Take my life and let it be. Consecrated Lord to Thee.  Take my hands, feet, voice, lips, silver, gold, and love. These songs help shape our lives.  The other day I was assaulted with some very loud music coming from a mini van full of kids.  The lyrics were, "It's my mouth, I'll say what I want.  It's my body I'll do what I want.  It's my mind, I'll think what I want. I'm me, I'll be just what I want."  These words with music blasting in our ears, will also shape lives.  Garbage in, garbage out.  Oh be careful little ears what you hear, and what you let others hear. Whatever we sing along with, we will probably become.

No comments: