Thursday, May 15, 2014

Grace for your spirit May 16, 2014

Grace for your spirit
Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from you Father. But the very hairs of your head are numbered.  So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.  Matthew 10:29-31

There is a poem by Elizabeth Cheney.  Said the robin to the sparrow, "I should really like to know, why these anxious human beings rush about and worry so?"  Said the sparrow to the robin, "Friend, I think that it must be.  They have no heavenly Father, such as cares for you and me."  As we rush about and worry, it is good for us to remember that old hymn. "When Jesus is my portion. My constant friend is He. His eye is on the sparrow, And I know he watches me."  When we start believing it, then we can start living it. 

No comments: