Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grace for your spirit May 21, 2014

Grace for your spirit
I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in.   Joshua 14:11

Caleb had been playing second fiddle to Joshua for 45 years.  Now at age 85, the Lord had blessed him greatly, and he was ready to claim the land of his heritage; Judah.  When he said "going out and coming in", it showed a strong body for going out to war, and a strong mind to come in for counsel.  Caleb spent 40 years in the wilderness and five years in the conquest of Canaan, and he was still going.  Many of us are looking for a rest home at age 85, when perhaps the Lord still has a great work for us to do.  Let's exercise our "going out and coming in" everyday.

No comments: