Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grace for your spirit July 17, 2014

Grace for your spirit
I will add fifteen years to your life, and I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake and for My servant David's sake.  II Kings 20:6

Hezekiah had been a great king, and when he was told he would die, he begged God for more time.  God granted him fifteen extra years and gave him another great victory.  How did he do in that 15 years?He opened his house to the enemy, made Jerusalem vulnerable, and had a son who would reign at his death.  That son would be a horrible king.  Hezekiah did not make the most of his additional time.  God encourages all of us to make the most of our time and opportunities. He has granted all of us extra time to serve Him.  How are we doing with His time?  Let's remember.  It is His time, not ours.

No comments: