Thursday, July 30, 2015

Grace for your spirit July 30, 2015

Grace for your spirit
For through the grace given to me I say to every man among  you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.  Romans 12:3

God has given to each of us a measure of faith and gifts of grace equipping us to serve.  Two things will kill our service.  Thinking of ourselves too highly as those who don't need help.  Also, thinking of ourselves too lowly, and avoiding the gifts He has for us.  It is better for us to have sound judgment and let God decide what gifts we need. Almost every prophet at first rejected God's call thinking they were too much or too little for the job.  If our first answer is "Who me?", let's  yield to God so we may end up saying, "Here am I, send me!"

No comments: