Monday, August 17, 2015

Grace for your spirit August 17, 2015

Grace for your spirit
But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord, I will put My law within them , and on their heart, I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  Jeremiah 31:33

When the house of Israel left Egypt, He wrote the Law on tablets of stone for Moses on Mt. Sinai.  When Moses returned to the people and saw their idols, he shattered the tablets and they had to be replaced. The people shattered His law with their constant disobedience, and there would be a time for a permanent replacement.  Not on stone this time, but in the hearts of believers.  With Jesus, we can treasure Him in our hearts and never break our relationship with God.  That is the joy of this new covenant.

No comments: