Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Grace for your spirit November 17, 2015

Grace for your spirit
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.  Psalm 139:23-24

Marvin Gaye had a song called "I ain't got time."  He sang that when he was thinking about "his baby", he didn't have time for nothin' else.  Not money, why flowers grow, where rivers flow, weather or nothin' else. Do we ever that kind of focus on God?  Do our thoughts about the urgent things in our lives crowd out the important ones?  God already knows what we are thinking about and why.  Let's be bold enough to ask Him to get any thoughts out of our lives that could hurt us.  May we ask Him to help us focus only on Him, and the eternal things of life. May we have time for nothing else.

No comments: