Monday, November 6, 2017

Grace for your spirit 11-6-17

Grace for your spirit
Then Samson called to the Lord and said, "O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes,"  Judges 16:28

Samson was supposed to be Israel's great liberator, and bring them victory over the Philistines.  Unfortunately, most of his life he focused on himself, and made his mission a disgrace.  Now his strength had returned and he had a plan to push down their temple.  His final prayer reflects his life.  There is no praise of God nor repentance for his wasted life.  It was ME. ME, I, MY, for revenge against his enemies.  When we're in trouble, is this our prayer too?  Me, Me, I, My?  Lord teach us how to pray, and teach us how to live to complete our mission.

No comments: